At times, clients may be forced to invest in C corporations, which are subject to double taxation. NGE works to solve challenging situations by looking for potential tax advantages that are available to those who invest in C corporations.See More
In light of current risks and concerns, what should you be thinking as the prospect of a down-round equity financing looms on the horizon? Here’s a summary of a few things to keep in mind to limit the risks of fiduciary liability.See More
Our transaction-seasoned attorneys take the lead to launch new companies and accelerate the growth of portfolio companies. We help companies maintain control of their operations, advance their vision and deal with the complex legal issues that accompany capital infusion and growth. We establish effective formation and management strategies; protect intellectual property and proprietary technology; and implement compliance with SEC and industry-specific regulatory bodies. We advise portfolio companies as they mature through their life cycles on strategic alliances, acquisitions, dispositions, investments and exit strategies.
Specifically, we counsel portfolio companies, management teams, funds, entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals and family offices, in:
– Capital raising, including structuring and implementing investments using common stock, preferred stock (straight and participating), senior, mezzanine and convertible debt, warrants and other forms of debt and equity securities.
– Counseling on tax matters, securities laws, intellectual property, privacy regulations, real estate matters, litigation exposure, Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Patriot Act compliance.
– Executing platform and add-on acquisitions and investments and exit strategies.
– Corporate governance.
– Executive management team compensation, employment issues and union matters.
– Creating efficient tax structures and management rollover plans.
– Due diligence.